Wednesday 7 March 2012

Inside Panel

After looking at some other inside panels in digipaks from Plan B, Professor Green and Oasis the group and I noticed how all of them had very simple inside panels. We thought it would be best if we followed this idea, and decided to have a single image on the panel which would represent the band and music video. I remembered when filming I took some photos of the guitar in a tunnel we filmed in, and began looking through for any photos which could be used. 

Once I chosen a photo; which was of the main body of the guitar, I decided to edit the image to make it look clearer and more vibrant. I began by once again adding the linear burn gradient which has been used through-out. I then changed the brightness (+4) and contrast (+15), which made the guitar stand out from the wall, as the yellow from the guitar became brighter and deeper in colour.

Once the image was edited to the groups liking, we then had to decide on whether to use any text or not on for the inside panel. Whilst looking at other examples we found varied styles, with one from Olly Murs showing tour dates, and Plan B having a photo of himself and nothing else. I then opted to simply add a website for the band on the panel, this gives the design something other than the instrument he used, as it allows the user to see where they can go online to find out more about the band. For this I used the same font used on the back panel for the legal content, which is calibri in white with a black stroke of 2, this hopefully aids the style created through-out the digipak as matching text will be more recognizable. 

Finished Inside Panel

No comments:

Post a Comment